Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Great Apostasy


Morning! Alrighty, well the mission preparation is coming along great! I now have my missionary physical exam and dentist appointments set up, so that is all taken care of! So this morning I was studying in Preach My Gospel (PMG) about the Great Apostasy, what it is, why it happened, and how we overcame it. It's so interesting to see how the Bible and Book of Mormon both talk about abominable churches and the characteristics of them, what they believe and the false doctrines they teach, why can't people make the connection?! A scripture, one out of the many, that stuck out to me today while studying: 1 Nephi 13:37 "And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountain shall they be." Absolutely beautiful and encouraging words for all those that share the gospel, whether that be missionaries or members, we all have that opportunity to "bring forth Zion" and be "beautiful upon the mountains." There is so much more that I can say about this topic, but for now I am going to close the subject of the Great Apostasy. Really good study though in PMG pgs. 35-36

My heart is truly full as I study the words of our beloved Savior, Jesus Christ. As I sit here and listen to the words of my favorite hymn, 136, "I Know that my Redeemer Lives," I can't help but rejoice in knowing that He lives, He lives my prophet, priest, and king; He lives to bless me with His love, He lives to plead for me above; He lives, all glory to His name, He lives my Savior still the same, Oh sweet, the joy this sentence gives- I know...that my Redeemer lives.

No comments: