Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's that time...

Hi this is Katie Jensen with "Baking with Sugar Babe" Today we are going to learn how to make MTC Casserole. You will need a cup of anxiousness, 1/3 cup of nervousness, a dash of missing the family, a pinch of stress, and about 25,000 gallons of EXCITEMENT!!!! AHHH! Bake for about...what time is it? 9:38. Bake on 350 for about 2 hours and 12 minutes and BING! You will have a golden brown, moist Sister Jensen.

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe it is actually that time...holy crud. I have been waiting for this for 21 years!!! AH! And now it's here. I am a mix of emotions, but ultimately it comes down to desire and drive to do my best. I can never ever repay my wonderful Savior for all that He has done for me, but I figure if I do all that I can DO, like serving a mission, than He will appreciate any bit of effort. The Gospel is a wonderful and beautiful gift that has blessed ever single aspect of my life, and I want others to have that too. I want everyone to be happy and to know that they are children of God and know what the Savior has done for them. Ever single person is loved, no one should feel left out. I am so incredibly grateful for the opportunity that I have to do this, to serve my Lord and have fun doing it!!! My good friend has been constantly reminding me to work hard, but to have fun and find joy in everyday, and that is what I am going to do. John 21:15-17 describes pretty well HOW I feel about serving a mission and WHY. "'Lovest thou me?' 'Ye Lord, Thou knowest all things. Thou knowest that I love thee.' 'Feed my sheep'." Ok, I will.

No comments: